Saturday, October 31, 2015

More Tractor Work

Plowing another field. In this photo, I am in the spray tractor while Wallace is in "my" tractor.

The plan today was for me to plow and Wallace would land plane. He had a problem with the hydraulics and had to stop.

He and Darrell went to town to buy some hoses while I continued plowing. You can see them in the background where the dump truck is parked.

Darrell does not care how we plow, so I like to do it this way. When I make the turn, I leave a tractor widths row and it seems to work out fine. If ya'll know a better way, let me know. This section is about 80 acres.

We now have the plane fixed, but RAIN has hit us again.

While plowing I see a lot of wildlife. These caracara have joined me. There were 20 of them in the field. That is a swallow in the foreground. Several baby cottontails would scurry away as the brush was plowed under. I would watch that a hawk would not catch them as they would run for cover.

Uh oh...I kept flirting with this sandy spot and it finally got me. 

Darrell came to the rescue....I did not have it in four wheel drive...duh!!! The controls in this tractor is different than "my" tractor.

All in a days work!!!

We finally got a new phone...the GS 6 Edge. Have not figured out how to transfer the pictures on to the computer yet. Back to the Verizon store. It does take beautiful, clear pictures.

Welcome to our blog Janet. Hope you find it interesting.

Until next time...




3 comments:

  1. I'm catching up with your travels again... glad to see you're back on that tractor! Wow! All those caracaras!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had to go online to find out how to get photos off my iPhone 6+ to my computer. Email if the store can't heop.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My husband and I were really inspired by your blog. We recently have left city life behind and are just getting started with the farming life. Tractors, plows, crops, all of that is really new to us! Have you been to AgMag.com? We recently discovered it and it has been very helpful towards this endeavor!

    Heidi Sutton @ Ag Source Magazine

    ReplyDelete