Monday, March 24, 2014


As you can see in this photo, the skirting around the mobile home needed to be repaired.  It was collapsing under the weight of the dirt that was wedged in between the skirting and the concrete walk.

As you may remember, we also installed a new deck on the mobile home as well.  It needed sprucing up.

I removed all the panels, dug out the dirt, re-installed the runner to hold the panels to the ground and thus straightened it up. Those long white strips were slid in place to finish off the top.

I screwed all the panels in place and then slid the top panel on to finish the look.

The next place to fix was the skirting around the new deck.

We used blocks to set the deck on and that presented a little problem.  The skirting will have to be tilted out because of the shape of the blocks.

Keep in mind, we had to use all the old pieces of skirting to redo this project.

We had to remove a few of the pieces of decking to slide that panel in at the top.

It was kind of like putting a puzzle together getting them to fit.

Afterwards, I made a joke about what was under the skirt....

George got under to take a look.  We all got a laugh out of that.

George built the deck and it took all to lift it up into place.

This is the finished product...a new deck with the skirting in place.  Sure looks a lot better now.

Darrell said Terry and John were very pleased with the job.  So were we.

Until next time...


  1. Looks great! Amazing how a little sprucing up makes things look so much better.


  2. That really looks a whole lot better!

  3. You're gonna have muscles like Popeye with all that digging! The finished job sure looks good!