Sunday, March 9, 2014

Not Wanted on the Prairie

Since I am certified to drive an ATV, I like to keep in practice.

We are going out on the prairie to help rid it of unwanted yaupon.  





Here comes Danny and Karen.  That is Horseshoe Lake on the right of the picture.








We have all reached our destination.

I drive Danny around with the spray solution (he is the one with the jade colored glove). Darrell has the chain saw.  Jenny and George are two new volunteers this season...then there is Wallace at the far right.  Karen drives around another crew.


We do what we do, all for this little bird.  Attwater Prairie Chicken.

Until next time...





5 comments:

  1. I've never seen a prairie chicken in "display"... what a thrill that must be! Looks like you're certified to operate about anything :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the picture of the prairie chicken. Doubt I will ever seen one in person.

    ReplyDelete