Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Changed Course



We got news Sunday that Wallace's brother passed away.  The services will be in Louisville, Kentucky on Thursday, so instead of continuing east on I 40 through Tennessee, we turned north of Nashville onto I 65 into Kentucky.

We found another Corps of Engineer park near Mammoth Cave National Park on Nolin River Lake.




These photos give you an idea what the park looks like with the last view out our dining window.  We took a long winding, narrow road to get to this park.

We will travel to Louisville from here for the services, then venture on into West Virginia via I 64 sometime Sunday on our way north toward Maine.

I have lost two brothers-in-law in one month!

This park is okay.  Very few people which is wonderful.  There are lots of birds.  I have never seen so many Red-headed Woodpeckers in one place.  Our bird list is 45 species with several more days to go.  The best bird being the Cape May Warbler.


We drove north to Leitchfield, Kentucky today to wash clothes and pick up a few groceries.  This was parked in the parking lot at Wal-mart.


HARVEY PAUL STERNBERG, JR.
You will be missed.

Until next time...

6 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry to hear Wally's brother died. You have our sympathy. I pray God will comfort you in your grief.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are so sorry to hear that Wally's brother has passed on. We'll be thinking about you both.

    Mark

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry to hear about the loss of Wallace's brother. Our sympathies to you all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so sorry for your loss. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am sorry for your loss. What a beautiful photo. I also love your bird photo. My thoughts and prayers are with you at this difficult time.

    ReplyDelete