Monday, October 22, 2012

Some Short Stories

October 7th, Wally's brother, wife and their granddaughter Brooke, came for a visit.  They had seen our blog about Medicine Park, wanted to see the town and have one of those chicken fried steaks for lunch.  That is just what we did.  We had a wonderful time with them.


The construction that was going on in May was over with, so now the creek that runs through town is flowing.  Hey Deanna, you still have not signed in as a follower...along with many of you other viewers.  WHY NOT?  It's painless and free and...we would like to know who you are!!!  Also, we would like to hear your comments.

Another man has brought me roses.......


Barite Roses...have I mentioned how interesting the geology is around this area?  The Barite Rose is the state rock of Oklahoma.  Google it for the rest of the story...as I said, these will be short stories today.

October 13th, we led in the "Big Sit."  It lasted all day.  It is when you gather a group of interested observers to fit inside a 17' circle and count the birds you observe or hear from that circle.  It was the first one held at this refuge.  We had a total of 11 observers through out the rainy day with only 27 observations.


Had I known it was going to be dumped in my lap, things would have been done differently!!!  BUT, a good time was had by all.


And yet, another air rescue off Elk Mountain!!!  A lady twisted her ankle.  It never ceases to amaze me!!!  One expensive trip!!!

We will soon be leaving this amazing place.  One more hike we wanted to do was to hike the Osage trail.  We were just going to go to the backside of the lake, but we met up with Larry and friends


and ended up going uphill and down dale to some parts many people don't experience.  Our short hike ended up being an all morning adventure.  Thanks Larry for a wonderful time.

Osage Lake

There is a beautiful scene I see every time I take my walk.


On the right of the picture, I think of Jesus praying in the Garden of Gethsemane..."not my will, but Thine."  It reminds me of how thankful I am for Christ who died for my sins.  This scene is at the top of a mountain on the road to headquarters.

Until next time...

2 comments:

  1. I've never heard of a "big sit", but it sounds interesting. Sounds like you're soon off to another destination? Wherever it is, I'm sure it will be another great adventure... enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Caroline ! Looked up the Barite Rose. Interesting! :)

    ReplyDelete