Thursday, February 26, 2015

Out in the Field

Ah, finally, a chance to get out in the field. For the past three days, I have been in "my new tractor" plowing this field. Today, I had company. Jenny was sent out to cross plow what I have plowed. That's her on the other tractor.

When I finished plowing, I joined her in cross plowing.

I really enjoy watching the wildlife as I plow. These Sandhill Cranes are really enjoying feeding in the freshly plowed field, along with Killdeer, meadowlarks, red wings, Brewer's Blackbird, Brown-headed Cowbirds, raptors, rats, mice, cottontails, what fun!!! One year, I had a coyote following me. There has been a lot of hog activity in the field that makes for a rough ride, but the seat in the tractor has springs...this tractor has everything!!!

Came across this snake. I must have run over it. I think it is a rat snake. I feel bad about it. I stopped to check on it. It was not dead. It finally became food for the White-tailed Hawk.

I like snakes and hate to see its demise.

I have been thrilled to be out on that tractor, and it looks like I will be out there again next week. Wallace has been busy working around the shop.

We have both gotten our yearly check ups at Scott and White in Brenham. Neither one of us takes any prescribed medication for which we feel fortunate about that. We have our dentist visit coming up tomorrow, then we will be good for another year.

Until next time...

1 comment:

  1. I don't see any snow on the ground there... or maybe you just plowed it under ;-) We've been watching for cranes to be flying north... not yet.

    ReplyDelete